--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> When the Mississippi flooded in 1993, some of us
> in St. Louis wondered if it was God's way of saying
> He didn't approve of riverboat gambling. Really!
>
> I guess it's always tempting to ascribe some human
> actions as responsible for nature's retributions, be
> they floods, tsunamis, earthquakes or what have you.
> Maharishi tapped into that belief when he promised
> better weather in exchange for doing TM and hosting
> gandharva ved concerts.
>
> When I was looking at the New York Times' maps of
> the damage this morning, I wondered if there was a
> connection between this storm and global warming,
> not just in its cause but in its course. It was as if the
> hurricane tried to take out the oil production that
> contributes to a changed climate.

**snip**
> I can entertain these speculations about the connection
> between man and nature, but your last remark, Tom, that
> women exposing their breasts invite destruction, seems
> utterly Talibanesque.
>
> Lots of people like to think that sexual freedom is a sign
> of a decayed culture. But I suspect it's the opposite.
> Sexual freedom is just another expression of freedom,
> which is a good thing. It mirrors the spirit in the
> material world. But sexual freedom gets attacked by the
> Troglodytes who justify their violence with the "decadence"
> argument. Think Hitler and the Taliban.
>
> It's not "give me liberty *or* give me death" with these
> people. It's "give me liberty *and* give me death."
>
>  - Patrick Gillam

Just a side note:
 The problem is that global warming is also occuring on Mars. It's
(dry)ice caps are melting at a rapid rate. It's farther from the Sun
than we are. We're contributing, but not as much as we think.

The culture won't be truely sane until nudity is no big deal. Maybe if
the bombers saw a few more bare breasts, aw, nevermind....

JohnY