Yay!  Thanks Xeno.  I'm not gonna worry about memory loss or insomnia any
more.  But hope I don't forget where bedroom is anyway

________________________________
 From: Xenophaneros Anartaxius <anartax...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:26 PM
Subject: Fwd: [FairfieldLife] Re: mind boggling

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
> > > <anartaxius@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > >
> > > In fact, Ann made 186 posts here between the time Robin left
> > > (January 22) and the time he returned (June 12). She took a
> > > brief break from April 12 to April 26, but she was posting
> > > consistently before and after that while Robin was absent.

> > > Given your blooper about Ann's posting habits, Xeno, perhaps
> > > you'd consider withdrawing that innuendo.
> >
> > Seeing 1) I have not been very focused in the past few days,
> > and, 2) I will take your word for it that Ann posted those
> > other times,
>
> As it happens, you shouldn't take my word for it, because
> I looked again and realized I got my signals partially
> crossed. Ann took *another* break from April 27 to June 11
> and resumed posting when Robin returned on June 12.
>
> So those 186 posts were made from January 22 (when Robin
> left) to April 26.
>
> IOW, you remembered correctly that Ann returned from an
> absence after Robin started posting again in June; you
> were mistaken to think that absence had begun when Robin
> left in January.
>
> Bottom line, you still need to withdraw your insinuation
> that Ann posts here only because of Robin.

Well I did say (and you snipped it out)

'I think withdrawing my comments would probably be the least unintelligent
thing to do, as I stumble through the rest of the day.'

I guess in my stumbling about that does not exactly mean 'I hereby withdraw my
comment in the name of accuracy'.

I better say it explicitly: I withdraw my comment about Ann's posting history.

At least I seem to have partially remembered Ann's posting correctly. But then
I watched a movie the other night, and about half way through I realized I had
watched it before many years before. This happens a lot. I am not sure it is
just aging memory. There seems to be an effect from meditation too. As the line
gets closer to being drawn on air, the impressions are so much less deep, it
fades much faster. Now I know the TMO researchers claim TM improves memory, but
I wonder if there is a difference between shorter term meditators and longer
term meditators. I know of one other teacher says that people who have
awakening experiences often have memory troubles for a while, as well as
insomnia. This might be an interesting science project.