Thanks for verifying the triplets MMY story Nabbie, I was just guessing.  What
course was that on?

I am curious about this arbitrary fixation on his deadness.  I thought you guys
believed that he is still with us somewhere between Marley's ghost and the
thought in meditation that inspires the marketing crew to try some new scheme
to get TM into the lives beyond the 687 people who still practice it
exclusively now.

So you think a guy like Maharishi actually dies?  And how do you imagine my
"bashing" affects him?  Is it like a disturbance in sleep like when someone in
the bed farts and we almost wake up and then turn over?   Or does it really get
to him, do my words cause him to gnash his teeth and pound his fist into his
hands in a Sienfeldesque "CURTIS!"  Does he shake his fist at the sky like Jon
Stewart and curse me from beyond the grave?  Does he try to extract retribution
on me in this world to get me back in some way like moving a chair when I sleep
so I stub my toe during a mid-sleep groggy bathroom run?  Exactly how pissed do
my words make this spirit of Maharishi you imagine?  Should I invest in a
voodoo doll of him to avoid his evil eye?

Now of course if your point was that when I posted the same perspective when he
was alive he had a chance to challenge what I said directly, I would agree.  I
think we are both glad that he took so many opportunities to give his side here
while he was living, and I do miss those exchanges.

And how far does this ban about speaking ill of the dead extend Nabbie.  Do we
include Napoleon, Sun Myng Moon, John Lennon?   What is the key aspect of the
unfairness you seem to resent about it all?

What if we have a public figure who is so boring that he might as well be dead
like King Tony?  Do I have to include him in the don't speak about the dead
ban.  Should we just ban all histories of famous dead people if the perspective
isn't only positive?

Or was this whole thing just a protective instinct, misguided though I believe
it to be, to protect the magical illusions he tried to sell us all about
himself during his life?

Oh shit I have a fleck of dust in my eye...hey wait a minute...wasn't he a pile
of dust the last time we saw him...