Well *I* am unbounded awareness too.

And, while it is certainly true he taught a technique he believed could bring
people to enlightenment, and that he taught techniques that he believed could
lead to people floating, that doesn't say what he thought about himself
directly...

"His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to
drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam. He never
claimed to be a god. But then, he never claimed not to be a god. Circumstances
being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit. Silence,
though, could.
Therefore, there was mystery about him."

-Lord of Light, by Roger Zelazny

http://arthursbookshelf.com/sci-fi/zelazny/Lord%20of%20Light%20-%20Roger%20Zelaz\
ny.pdf