--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@> wrote:
> >
> > I found this paragraph interesting, if not creative.
> >
> > "I am not sure about this.  For one thing, don't Christians take their
> > Jesus to be equal to God, part of the trinity?  What do you think they take
> > him as?  That's the criticism of Islam, which is precisely that the
> > Christians see him more than a prophet, but equal to God.  If you think of
> > God more in the Eastern way, which means not a personal God, then it is
> > easier to see how a man can express that he is equal to God, that is, if he
> > now locates his identity with the principle of consciousness itself.  If
> > someone has defeated the ego, one's limited imperfections, and is now
> > completely clear and open to the transcendent, can he not say he IS God, in
> > essence? "
> >  I was taught about the "divine right of Kings" in the US education
> > system."  ~Avram3
> >
> > Of course evangelicals take their Jesus to be equal to God.  Why do you
> > think people pray to Jesus?  The son of God...I have never thought he was
> > God.  Never.  I refuse.  Read from Sentence 3 through the end.  Pretty much
> > sums it up don't ya think?  Or? What else?  Duality/Reality?  Do we ever
> > defeat the ego?  Whaddya think?  Didn't Jim used to address this kind of
> > stuff?
>
> Fundamental Christians believe that Jesus is the ONLY son of God, this(IMO)is
> mistaken. We all have the power to realize our 'Son-ship' with God, and, in
> time, will all realize this latent potential as this, is, the Divine Plan.

Yes, and the Christian Bible distinguishes between the Sons of Man (regular
humans) and the Son of God (Jesus).  More liberal Christians would agree with
you, that each soul has the capacity to recognize that they really are a Son of
God, that our idea of Enlightenment is the equivalent of becoming a Son of God.