> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > People are beginning to wander, and wonder;
> > On the streets of New Orleans;
> > Does my President care, about me;
> > And my friends and neighbors?
> > We are lost and thirsty, for a drink of water;
> > Would taste so good;
> > My grandma, she's dieing, I hope not, though.
> > We sent planes and stuff to Iraq, seems real quick;
> > But when it comes time to help us po folk.
> > Well, maybe that be another story?
> >
> > Copyright  2005     Robert Gimbel
>
> That's a good one, Robert.  Nicely done.
>
> It's not just in New Orleans.  Apparently the poor
> folks who were unable to evacuate from some of the
> other devastated areas--especially Mississippi--are
> infuriated because there was no plan to help them
> get away.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Almost all the so-called "poor people" shown on news clips are not
just overweight, but OBESE?

This is quite a testament to the United States if our "poor people"
are busting at the seams from overeating.  Assuming actual
impoverished people of the Third World had televisions and satellite
or cable service and were able to see these images, it would
actually INCREASE the already untold millions of people seeking to
immigrate to the U.S.