> wrote:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/9axw4lp
>
> Wonderful. And lost completely on those who have never
> dared to write creatively.
>
> My faves were the quotes by E. L. Doctorow and Saul Bellow.

I liked Orwell and Vonnegut and the line about exclamation marks.

I have terrible trouble writing, I'm trying to write my
autobiography - not that I've had an epic life, but I've been
round the block a few times and got lost along the way here
and there. I have no delusions that anyone would publish it
even if I sent it somewhere but it seems like a good exercise
to try and arrange my funny old life in a way that others might
find interesting. Trouble is everything I write reads back like
a Douglas Adams novel and it aint the effect I'm after. I want
a sort of emotional rags-to-riches fable. Ah well keep trying....