> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "uns_tressor"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bbrigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> home
> seeping
> >
> > Thank God for that. Prices were out of hand.
> > Things are getting better and better since
> > the Fatwa. We may even win the Ashes off the
> > Aussies if the Nature Support keeps up at the
> > present rate.
> >
> > A London sidha emailed me to say that he has
> > asked Paul Jones (Manfred Man, the Blues Band)
> > to organise a benefit for New Orleans. Maybe
> > everyone could email him to suggest the same:
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jones/
> > His prgrame is great if you like R&B, Dr John,
> > Eric Bibb, Peter Green etc. (Available from the
> > BBC website if you know how)
> > Uns.
>

> Wow.
>
> What the hell ever happened to the incredibly talented Paul Jones?
> Loved his band, loved his singing.  Along with the Animals, Manfred
> Mann were the most underrated bands of the '60s.
>
> Paul Jones also starred in a movie in the '60s about a pop star
> controlled by powerful government officials to keep youngsters under
> control. without looking up imdb.com, can't remember the name of the
> flick but remember it being very innovative and independent-type
> movie for the times...

Paul Jones does the best music/interviews programme
in my experience if you like his field; probably because
he discusses as a musical equal. Very occasionally,
he will reach for a blues harp in his top drawer and play
with a guest. He can be reached at:
paul.jones***at***bbc.co.uk (swap the ***at*** for @)
although you will probably get a reply from his producer.
This link gets you to a replay of his last show but you
may need particular software: