> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> Almost all the so-called "poor people" shown on news
> clips are not
> just overweight, but OBESE?

We all have noticed, we see this every time we go to
the mall. There is a huge weight problem in this
country and the majority of adults are categorized as
obese.

> This is quite a testament to the United States if
> our "poor people"
> are busting at the seams from overeating.

Not really. Most of them eat a lot of sugar and fat
and carbs that will pile the weight on easily and also
live sedentary lifestyles. A high-calorie meal at
McDonald's comes pretty cheaply.

http://mail.yahoo.com