---Premanand Paul Mason wrote:

> Fair points. But if I ask my local restaurant for a glass of the
> elixir of life, are they justified in selling me a glass of tap water
> for ten thousand pounds?

Great metaphor. It positions the experience of simple,
uncluttered consciousness as something essential to
life -- something to be widely available, with few barriers
to obtaining it.

Also, to counter my own point below, it's one thing to
respond to requests for "more." It's another thing to
make the "more" mandatory.

I've had friends in Fairield who've felt oppressed by the
TMO's insistence that (1) you absolutely must have this
 latest thing (amrit, gems, a new house) if you are to
make anything of your time on earth, and (2) it's gonna
cost ya. Utlimately, my friends just walked away.