I've continued to read URLs sent to me and exchange emails with the
Yagna by Choice people.  BTW, they tell me they decided to call it
Yagna because MMY choose a less accepted form of spelling and also
because their yagnas involve more of the Vedic steps, like long
Sankalpa, feeding of people, and so on, which apparantly MY did not
include.

I have always felt a pinch when signing up for even a $10 puja.  There
was always a little birdie inside which said to me "you're blowing
your money on something that'll get you nowhere and nothing".

Perhaps one of the reasons for the pinch I felt was that I don't feel
the same amount of the devotion Ben mentioned in his post as I do when
I light a candle or put money in the poor box at a Catholic church, be
it here, in Mexico, or even a Coptic or Orthodox church in the East.

I've always believed in the power of the Virgin Mary, even before she
came to see me one night when I was a youngster and gave me the
feeling (she didn't speak) that everything was going to be alright.

I've discovered a number of things about these YBC people.  One is
that they make sense.  They don't spend loads of time on the phone
doing jyotish consultations then when I ask for one, am given very
general words about symbols and no remedies.  They don't look at your
chart, suggest a few planetary yagyas and say they'd be willing to
accept feedback which they won't act upon no sooner than 60 days after
the yagyas.  They don't say, when you complain that things didn't
work, that we'd better repeat this or that yagya.  Real scientific.

The Turning Point, the place where you've gone from remediation to
avoidance then eventually to augmentation and Support of Nature can be
mathematically calculated based on your Jyotish outlook and the yagyas
performed.  There's an expectation that you will reach the turning
point.  There's a refusal to perform intentional yagyas unless the
proper planets are first appeased.  Quite refreshing.  Quite what I've
been looking for.

OK, so maybe I'm being taken by another TMO ride of making everything
sound so scientific, mathematical, logical.  Look at the alternative.
 Get a Jyotish consultation, a prescription and no real expectation
that things will work?  Or just pouring money down the drain on yagyas
with other people who appear to not have a clue?

I thought it over, I listened to the Self within.  I've decided to go
for the "crash" Jump Start.  I'll do all three months of the big jump
starts all at once, in September.  If I wasted my money because this
is all a scam, a hope and a dream, at least I'll have /felt/ that I
was doing the right thing.  It feels as right to do this as it does to
pick up my rosary or light a candle in church and pray to the Virgin
Mary.  This feels right.  Other donations to Blessingsonthenet,
individual temples, Puja.net, Dixit, Yajna.com felt more like I was
buying a lottery ticket.