--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...> wrote:

> Hi Alex:  Thanks for letting us know.  I expected a warning
> email on the number of posts I was at last week (ya know, like
> you've been giving Robin) but it didn't happen.

I was doing that for a while due to Yahoo glitches making posts show up under
different handles in the Post Count, and I wanted people to be aware that they
need to add up all their posts. I don't feel I'm under any obligation to that
on a regular basis.

>  Guess that's more of that "you guys need to be fuckin'
> responsible for how much you're posting" line, particularly if
> you're posting under two different monikers.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it, although I, myself, would never use the
F-word.

> Ah well:  I always love to listen...speaking of which.  I read
> your WD experiences with interest and understand there was a point
> at which you realized you had gotten what you needed out of it,
> but curiously, can you elaborate more on this?
>
> "I can't speak for anyone else's experiences, but my awakening and
> the four month dark night of the soul that led up to it were very
> real. And, almost seven years later, I'm still trying to integrate
> the skullfuckingly life-changing shift it's been."

In a nutshell, my decades of seeking was all about trying to change the I/me
story into someone it's not and never will be, and what Waking Down did was
make me free fall into all the shadow stuff that I had been pushing away,
trying not to be. To use WD's jargon, this is an embodied awakening; it's an
awakening to the paradox of both our limited and unbounded nature. Awakening to
the unbounded conscious nature does bring a great deal of freedom and internal
spaciousness, but the hyper-awareness of all the shadow stuff ends up enforcing
a brutal authenticity that has been very uncomfortable at times. I have to
laugh at Uncle Feste's broad brush dismissal that this is all just moodmaking,
because why the hell would I moodmake being the person I never wanted to be?