 From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Sandy provides an opportunity for creative
reportage

LOL!  That was exactly what I was thinking last night.  After all they
figure they have nothing else to do while the electricity is out.  And
we know that happened before during massive power outages in the area.

A talk host on the radio yesterday afternoon imagined that folks in New
Orleans were screaming, "it's just a category one!"  I can remember a
strong wind storm in the late 1970s in Seattle that took out the Hood
Canal bridge.  It was a noisy night in my apartment but not much rain
with it just high winds. They learned to built floating bridge better at
least until a mistake took out the old floating bridge between Mercer
Island and Seattle.