On 10/31/2012 09:57 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
>> Turq recommended this film a while back and it hit Redbox on DVD
>> yesterday so I rented it.  It's a pretty interesting film about a
>> couple who go to investigate a cult leader who claims to be from
>> the future.
>>
>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748207/
> Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I thought it
> was a very well-done film, especially given its budget.
> I particularly liked the exotic "secret handshake"
> ritual, and what they did with it. That was neat.

Yup, the handshake thing was very interesting if not funny.  I've been
in "societies" with secret handshakes but never that elaborate.  Did you
ever learn the TM secret handshake?

My Halloween escape movie was going to be "Cloud Atlas" but it didn't
open nearby.  So I rented "Red Lights" on BD which sort of continues
along that vane with paranormal stuff.  Good cast with Cillian Murphy,
Sigourney Weaver, Robert De Niro and Toby Jones who played Alfred
Hitchcock in HBO's "The Girl."  It's supposed to rain tonight anyway and
I just turn the port light off and cover the door window over.

Before picking the disc up I have some huevos rancheros at the new
restaurant at the top of the hill.  Usually I don't eat breakfast for
other than a bagel or muffin.  This was a wonderful breakfast and light
compared to what the Mexican place that was in that spot before.  One of
folks who works at the Nob Hill supermarket next door came in and told
me that they may be going on strike this weekend.  I always thought he
was Mexican but learned a while back that he is Puerto Rican and grew up
in New York.