On 10/31/2012 03:25 PM, card wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
>> On 10/31/2012 02:19 PM, card wrote:
>>> http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/the-10-best-new-smartphones-8269763.html
>>>

>> You do understand that most often these reviews are limited to phones
>> that the manufacturer sends the reviewer... for free.  It's a form of
>> payola.
> Yep. As I said before, I wouldn't buy a Nokia Lumia 920, mainly
> for two reasons: it's way heavy (185 grams vs. iPhone 5, 115 grams),
> and I don't like the sharp corners, wíthout any rounding(?). Also,
> have read that the camera is not so good as Nokia wants you to
> believe.

That's just part of marketing: hype.  Ya gotta try or you lose your
gig.  Yup, we are constantly bombarded with lies so that someone will
keep their job and get their yearly bonus.  Capitalism sucks.

And probably they would have to pay a patent fee to someone if they used
rounded corners (probably Apple).  Really? Shouldn't a patent be
something truly unique and complex and not something that just anybody
could have thought of and really should be prior art anyway?
Capitalism sucks.