---  "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

> Rednall. June 18/64
>
> My dear Hutton.
>
> <snip>
> At least I *cannot* understand you to mean that you have come to a belief in
> the Incarnation, without authority in *any shape whatever*--though it has not
> been through the word of the *Church*. For what is there in the phenomena of
> this world, what innate or quasi-innate idea, what deduction or induction
> from natural sources of information, which can possibly teach that God became
> man? Some extra-natural supernatural source of information there must be,
> some revealed word, on which belief depends, as its root.
>
> <snip>
> Whether in nature then, or by the supernatural, all religion is a
> revelation--an acceptance of truths conveyed to us from a Personal God, but
> of course in theology we restrict the *word* 'revelation' to the
> communication of those truths which reason cannot reach, and the formal organ
> of those truths is the Church, but, I repeat, not the only organ to
> individuals.
> <snip>

Robin has a serious misconception that the reality and truth
has changed since WW2.

The reality was always the same from antiquity to eternity.

It's only the human perception that has expanded over the
past 400 years.  The paradigm of the "flat earth" gave way
to "round earth".

For thousands of years, India was the center of the
universe. Then the worldview expanded to cover Eurasia.  The
worldview further expanded with the discovery of the American
continent.  Then, the Sun became the center of the universe.

Then, came Edwin Hubble and he discovered the Sun is just a
random star in a vast galaxy of 400 billion stars.  Now
scientists are already talking of parallel universes.  The
'anthropomorphic worldview' is long gone.

At no point did reality actually change.  Only human
perceptions did change.

Robin talks as if he is caught in a timewarp.  Could it be
he lacks a clear understanding of Science?  Does he
understand Richard Dawkins?

There is no personal god in this vast impersonal universe.

I wonder what Xeno Taxius and Salyavin has to say on this?