"I think it puts into question all of the Homeland Security and
Northern Command planning for the last four years, because if we can't
respond faster than this to an event we saw coming across the Gulf for
days, then why do we think we're prepared to respond to a nuclear or
biological attack?"

- Newt Gingrich

"I learned that people want you out there, they want you to suffer a
little with them, they want you to convince them that you will protect
them as part of your family, they want you to be an extension of
them...It's fair game for the Democrats to attack the president at
this time."

-Normally Bush-sympathizer Ed Koch, the former mayor of New York, who
said that Mr. Bush had not moved swiftly enough to express sympathy
for the victims.

http://hoffmania.typepad.com/blog/