 From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: New router needed

Venture out to the Fry's in Renton since they often have good deals and
maybe a clerk who can help (some around here are former IT techs).
Some the .N routers come with more power and longer range.  I haven't
bought a router in years because I had to use the 2-wire that AT&T sent
for DSL and for U-Verse where I also have phone they provide a router
for that.  Sadly neither was .N but I could hang a .N off it.  A .N
would let me use some cheap wireless spy cameras so  I could log in and
determine if I want to answer the front door or not. ;-)

I've used Linksys before but have configured Netgear and D-Link routners
for others.  I think the D-Link routers were very user friendly.   Do
you need a router/modem?  Configuring to some services can be a bitch
(such as AT&T) but I know Seattle phone service is not AT&T.