--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

RD's behind-sight interpretation of Robin's Aphorisms:

Robin: We are as brave as our willingness to experience as much truth as will
hurt us into changing ourselves.

RD: If the truth hurts, torture works.

Robin: One thing is certain: at some point in our individual existence we shall
meet a perfect being.

RD: Only death is certain. Meet the perfect hottie after you're dead. Bummer.

Robin: If you want to say something you think is true, you must say it through
the totality of who you are.

RD: It's totally true. I'm like totally into my totality.

Robin: Someone who praises us, or defends us, who speaks up for us--this means
nothing to us unless we sense they know us as we know ourselves.

RD: Even nonsense makes sense when we sense sense.

Robin: The good angels will among other things never know how good a cup of
coffee tastes.

RD: Angels have lousy taste. That's why they hire human interior decorators.

Robin: If you understand death the way it really is, it is, in the case of
every human being, a perfectly unnatural thing.

RD: If you know about being dead, it's unnatural.

Robin: Oneness has become the greatest metaphysical cliche there ever was.

RD: "Dear great Pumpkin, Everyone tells me you are a fake, but I believe in
you. P.S.: If you really are a fake, don't tell me. I don't wanna know." Linus.

Robin: No one has ever complained about anything once they have died. Even, as
is the case: they continue to exist.

RD: If dead people could speak they would complain about being dead. Bummer.

Robin: The closest a man and a woman can come together is when they realize
there is a sphere of communion that transcends gender. Then are true lovers.

RD: Transgendered lovers? Fascinating.

Robin: It doesn't matter how hateful, cruel, miserable someone is--just as long
as their experience is: I can do nothing about this.

RD: Seriously, Robin, I think this the most significant bon mot on your list.
"I can do nothing about this," recognizes the effect of one's actions on
others. It is a moment of surrender to the truth of oneself. Until this happens
change is impossible.

Robin: When you say something or write something and all the feedback you get
comes from within yourself and from nowhere else, your isolation tells you you
are not exactly making yourself sweet to reality.

RD: Make yourself sugar-sweet to reality or take your lumps.