--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Take a look at the Last Supper painting shown in the link below:
> > >
> > > http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KJkK0BRrZQyEMAIr.JzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dda%2Bvinci%2Bs%2Blast%2Bsupper%26fr%3Dfptb-w3i-s%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D4&w=909&h=481&imgurl=3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-3Onz2hex5go%2FTa92n9ERi7I%2FAAAAAAAADNk%2FKEc8i5wr8dU%2Fs1600%2FThe%2BLast%2BSupper%2B-%2BDa%2BVinci%2B1495-98.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffavourite-paintings.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F04%2Fleonardo-da-vinci-last-supper.html&size=90+KB&name=Paintings%3A+Leonardo+%3Cb%3Eda+Vinci+%3C%2Fb%3E-+The+%3Cb%3ELast+Supper%3C%2Fb%3E&p=da+vinci+s+last+supper&oid=29111195358d7d2b0d7d59d588b21229&fr2=piv-web&fr=fptb-w3i-s&tt=Paintings%253A%2BLeonardo%2B%253Cb%253Eda%2BVinci%2B%253C%252Fb%253E-%2BThe%2B%253Cb%253ELast%2BSupper%253C%252Fb%253E&b=0&ni=42&no=4&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=12irt8vt0&sigb=13gabvn00&sigi=13fb2p08t&.crumb=G8uAyIXytCH
> >
> > Is this the biggest link ever?
> >

> > > You'll find that Jesus is seated in the middle of the apostles
> > > representing the cross or the autumnal equinox.
> >
> > Why does the cross represent the autumnal equinox?
>
> Salyavin,
>
> Because the cross represents border between the light and dark which the
> autumnal equinox represents.  After the equinox, the days get shorter and
> nights get longer.  Also, at this point the Sun is considered at its fall or
> the weakest in astrological terms.

So why does the cross resemble the border between light
and dark? Or is it the obvious one.

> > > The apostles are grouped in four, representing the four seasons.
> > >
> > > The first apostle who is standing represents Aries since he is at the
> > > head of the table
> >
> > Isn't the start of a circle somewhat arbitrary?
>
> The table is not a circle.  Also, Aries is considered the first sign in the
> zodiac in western and eastern astrology.

I mean that the zodiac is a circle, so why is anywhere considered
the begininning.

> > > The second apostle with the long hair represents Taurus, a sign owned by
> > > Venus, a female.
> >
> > Wouldn't he better represent it if he had horns? And why does
> > long hair signify female, they were all hippies in those days?
>
> You have to interpret the painting in context with the situation.

Or interpret it in terms of the conspiracy theory....

> > > The third apostle with his arms raised represents Gemini, the
> > > significator of the human arms.
> >
> > Never heard that one before.
>
> Please, read an introductory astrology book for more information regarding
> the various meanings of the sign.
>

> > > The fourth apostle with a knife represents Cancer.
> >
> > Why? cancer is a crab.
>
> The crab's pincers can cut your fingers like a knife.

Tenuous.

> > > The fifth apostle with his arms majestically placed on the table is Leo,
> > > ruled by the Sun, the king of the heavens.
> >
> > Wouldn't Jesus be king here?
>
> Please, interpret the meaning in context with the rest of the painting.
>

> > > The sixth apostle who looks like a female represents Virgo, a female sign.
> >
> > Not representing something else to fit in with the theory this
> > time then?
>
> In the novel, "Da Vinci Code", this apostle was interpreted to mean Mary
> Magdalene who was regarded by some historians to have been one of the
> disciples of Jesus.
>

> > > You can analyze the rest of the apostles and will find their
> > > correspondence to the remaining zodiacal signs.
> >
> > Probably the least convincing conspiracy theory I have ever
> > seen. Congratulations!
>
> Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

It sure is old chum, I think that eyes behold patterns very
well too, even some that aren't there. Which is a pretty good
definition of astrology I think!