> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >
> > Holy Smokes! There's actually a name for why stupid people
> > don't know they're stupid: "The Dunning-Kruger Effect," a
> > cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from
> > illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much
> > higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive
> > inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.
>
> Finally! Something that explains TMers' curious
> belief that they know everything about meditation
> and spiritual practice while having restricted
> themselves to the tiny portion of both taught
> by Maharishi.

After reading yet another of Barry's posts slamming TM'ers, and given his
attachment to narcissistic self-aggrandizement at the expense of others, it
occurs to me he would be an ideal candidate for a Dunning-Kruger follow-up
study hypothesizing, "Why Intelligent People with NPD are *Willfully*
Stooopid."