> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> > > The civic virtue of a slim carbon footprint of meditators vs. the fat
> > > footprint of non-meditators could easily be calculated just looking
> > > outside the Domes.  The number of people commuting on bicycles and foot
> > > is quite noteworthy and impressive.  The car fleet parked outside too.
> > > The number of high efficiency cars comparatively.  The age of the overall
> > > car fleet too reflecting the thrift in use of carbon capital tied up in
> > > the life-cycle of cars.  I'd estimate by looking in the parking lots
> > > outside the Domes that the average age of vehicles of the meditating
> > > community is at least 20 years old.  Most of the older cars that people
> > > on the invincible America course use are small efficient imports of old.
> > > Vehicles are one of the more carbon intensive things we use.  Meditators
> > > are clearly better, as in have smaller carbon footprints, than
> > > non-meditators.  Look at the big weight SUV guzzlers and pickup trucks
> > > the non-meditators drive by contrast.  It's shameful the difference.
> > > -Buck
> >
> > Seems that if you domers were serious and since the RUs pretty much own
> > the town why don't you put in a small light rail system that stops at
> > the dome as well as downtown probably could connect to Vedic City, etc?
> > Has the idea ever been floated?  Then most would no longer need to drive
> > or bike.
> >

> Nope, think of the concrete that would take. Fancy design is not necessarily
> going to save us.  The exponential use of concrete in the last century is a
> lot of what propelled carbon dioxide emissions.  Using concrete is incredibly
> carbon dioxide intensive.  Is much more appropriate to live much more simply
> and people like You need to change your thinking.  To survive we all need to
> return to an 1820's pedestrian standard of living that should include a lot
> more spiritual meditation. Now.
> -Buck

Obviously we are going to have to have a Cultural Revolution to change Your
thinking and the thinking of people like You who think they can just
manufacture and consume their way out of this. No, think 1820.  Think standard
of living.  People like you and your Bourgeoisie thinking are going to have to
change so that we can all simply live.

We could start Your re-education right now by having you view this TED lecture
on living The Simple Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DE9qBNMaFY

-Buck