on 9/5/05 4:24 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think I heard that here in Fairfield there are 400 houses on the
> market. I
>> don¹t know how many apartments for rent. I¹m going to check. I
> imagine that
>> around the entire country there are more than enough empty houses and
>> apartments to accommodate all the Katrina refugees. Seems to me some
> sort of
>> government funding should be set up to compensate the owners and
> landlords
>> of these houses and apartments, and people should be moved from the
>> Astrodome and church basements. Any thoughts on this idea?
>
> Have you passed iton to the Mayor?

No, but I talked to Patty Hamilton, who is the most successful realtor in
town, and she's been having similar ideas and we're going to talk more. She
contacted the mayor (Ed Malloy) but he's out of town for a week. I just
emailed a friend who's influential at MUM to see if there is any thought
being given to inviting refugees into the pundit housing. The Amma group
just had an hour and a half meeting to brainstorm on ways we can help. I'll
announce our plans when they're more developed.