--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> this is a question for the technically oriented.
>
> I suffered two hard drives, my main hard drive and my internal 2nd
> hard drive, failing at the same moment, losing everything on primary
> and backup drives.
>
> Since that time I use an internal backup, an external backup, and
> several flash memory drives.
>
> Instead of saving my work files to all five locations, one at at time,
> is anyone familiar with a procedure to save to the five separate
> locations at one time?

Look at rsync for windows (GPL) used in conjunction with the task
scheduler and the 'at' command. There's also transparent mirrored
drive controllers from Arco.  There is also a way to autosync folders
in win2k and up, but I forget what it is called.

  BTW if both drives seemed to fail at the same time they were
probably on the same controller. Sometimes when the master drive on a
controller goes bad it will make the slave drive on the same
controller eat it's data too, even if the drive itself is OK. So keep
your internal backup drive on a different controller than your main
data drive.

JohnY