Share, I have to comment. While I know that you must feel that you are
helping and doing something positive by proselytizing for all these
healers and teachers and charlatans you see, I think that you're doing
so as the result of laboring under a faulty assumption.

You seem to assume that everyone here feels as *in need of* healing and
forgiveness as you are. This simply isn't true.

I think you may be taking your experience in Fairfield (where *far* too
many people are *far* too sick *far* too much of the time, or believe
that they are) and your experiences in life (still obsessing over
traumatic or negative experiences you've had and feeling that you need
to be "healed" of them) and projecting these things onto other people.
You seem to be assuming, in other words, that everyone is pretty much
like you, and spends their lives in constant NEED of "healing" and
"forgiveness."

I think you're wrong. I, for one, almost *never* think about these
things, and furthermore, never have. I don't think that most of the
people on this forum think of them very often, either. Instead, we tend
to live our lives and focus on happier things, not wallowing in past
guilt or wanting forgiveness for past transgressions or feeling that we
need healing from a seemingly endless list of maladies.

In addition, to be perfectly honest, most of us have neither the time on
our hands that you seem to have, in which to flock to endless healers
and charlatans in search of these things, or the freely-available
amounts of money that you seem to have to spend on them.

So, while you are free to keep pursuing this seemingly endless quest for
absolution and healing yourself PLEASE don't keep assuming that everyone
on this forum (or *anyone* on this forum, for that matter) wants to
emulate your example. I honestly don't think that most people do.

We studied the things we studied and learned from the teachers we worked
with *so that we wouldn't have to keep studying with them and learning
from them forever*. We were interested in learning a few techniques or a
little useful information that would enable us to stand on our *own* two
feet spiritually, and not be constantly running off to someone else to
"do it for us."

Treating us as if we're as stuck in the "I'm not the way I want to be
yet, so I have to see another teacher or healer this week...maybe two"
rut the way you seem to be in is kinda insulting, and not nearly the
favor you seem to think it is. And we *certainly* don't need to be told
"how to pray" by someone who makes his living by selling insta-prayers
to people too uncreative to think up their own.

I guess that what I'm suggesting is that you should save your enthusiasm
about the charlatans you spend your money on for people more like
yourself. My feeling is that very few on this forum are in the market
for what you're selling, and you constantly trying to sell it to us is
getting old.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@...>
wrote:

> prayers:  God, all that You are, please help me to forgive them.
Please help them to forgive me.  Please help us all to forgive each
other, forgive ourselves, forgive all people and all people forgive us,
completely and totally, no matter what, please and thank you.

> Notes:  you can use any word or phrase in place of God.  Infinite
Light, Divine Presence, Source, Being, Divine Mother, etc.  But John
also said that any phrase would work.  In the training on Dec 8, he used
an ordinary phrase and it worked, meaning that the person's pain
subsided.  He said we're not praying to someone higher than ourselves.
We're praying to someone more all inclusive than ourselves.

> John's main teacher, Howard Wills began using Ancestral Forgiveness
Prayers over 30 years ago and has helped many people with all kinds of
minor and major ailments.  John himself began working with people over
25 years ago.  He began studying with Howard about 16 years ago and
continues to also help many people with all kinds of minor and major
ailments.  John also learned the TMSP in 1992 and continues to practice
that.  Here's a slightly longer version of the prayer:

> prayer:  God, all that You are, for me, all my family members, all our
relationships, all our ancestors and all their relationships through all
time, through all our lives.  For all hurts and wrongs:  physical,
mental, emotional, spiritual, sexual and financial through thought, word
or deed--please help us all forgive each other, forgive ourselves,
forgive all people and all people forgive us, completely and totally, no
matter what, please and thank you.

> Notes:  John explains that the 4 pillars of the prayers are:  God,
forgiveness, please, thank you.  When he works with people he sometimes
says a longer version of the prayer out loud.  Sometimes has the person
repeat after him.  Sometimes he says the prayer silently.  Often he
customizes the prayer to the person's particular situation.  With his
25+ years of working successfully with people he has noticed that
certain parts of the body are associated with certain issues.  For
example, he has noticed that teeth issues, in addition to the mundane
causes, are often associated with fear of dying.

> I offer all this in case anyone on FFL is dealing with major stuff
either themselves or with a loved one.  The prayer of course can be used
in conjunction with both Western approaches to well being and approaches
from other cultures.