For those susceptible to metaphysical unclarity:

*Fearful 'end of world' calls, emails flood NASA as Dec. 21 nears*

A spokesman says the space agency is doing 'everything in our power,' including
interviews with scientists and a special Web page, to debunk doomsday
predictions.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-nasa-doomsday-20121220,0,2616828.story

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html