It is a fallacy that there is usually much money from writing books.
There are execeptions of course, authors of mass appeal like John La
Carre for instance, but I think even for him the money is not the
consideration, he still works on and on, despite being rather well
heeled, then again he is then able to donate money to causes of his
choice, like making a major donation to his local community meeting
hall.

Then again, had I written a sychophantic gilded haliography, it would
have cornered a niche market, even the TM movement would have stocked
it and I'd be sailing!