> Maybe what's happening is some projecting of human qualities onto God?
>
> I thought doing TM was practicing all 8 limbs at once.  Does it say that in
> back of Science of Being?

Would limbless yoga be faster?
> ________________________________

I seem to recall MMY saying that in about 5 years one would develop 'quite a
lot of cosmic consciousness'. Regarding the MMY video, the sage Nisargadatta,
1897-1981, is reputed have have experienced full realisation (i.e. unity) in
less than three years. And he

1. Was married and had a daughter.
2. Owned eight tobacco stores.
3. Smoked cigarettes all his life.
4. Ate meat.

> I think you need to practice ALL eight limbs of YOGA, Yes? MMY says all eight
> limbs MUST be practiced "simultaneously", Charlie used to say, 7 lifetimes.
> MMY/Gita
>
> Why is God a *jealous* God? Because unless you put HIM first, he will not
> come!

Here is what Mark Twain said about the god of the Torah (or Old Testament from
the Christian perspective):

  Jealousy. Do not forget it, keep it in mind.
  It is the key. With it you will come to
  partly understand God as we go along;
  without it nobody can understand him.
  As I have said, he has openly held up
  this treasonous key himself, for all
  to see. He says, naïvely, outspokenly,
  and without suggestion of embarrassment:
  "I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."

  You see, it is only another way of saying,
  "I the Lord thy God am a small God; a
  small God, and fretful about small things."

  He was giving a warning: he could not
  bear the thought of any other God
  getting some of the Sunday compliments
  of this comical little human race --
  he wanted all of them for himself. He
  valued them. To him they were riches;
  just as tin money is to a Zulu.

  But wait -- I am not fair; I am
  misrepresenting him; prejudice is
  beguiling me into saying what is not
  true. He did not say he wanted all of
  the adulations; he said nothing about
  not being willing to share them with
  his fellow gods; what he said was,
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

  It is a quite different thing, and
  puts him in a much better light --
  I confess it. There was an abundance
  of gods, the woods were full of them,
  as the saying is, and all he demanded
  was that he should be ranked as high
  as the others -- not above any of them,
  but not below any of them. He was
  willing that they should fertilize
  earthly virgins, but not on any better
  terms than he could have for himself in
  his turn. He wanted to be held their equal.
  This he insisted upon, in the clearest
  language: he would have no other gods before
  him. They could march abreast with him, but
  none of them could head the procession, and
  he did not claim the right to head it himself....

  ...Do you think he was able to stick to
  that upright and creditable position? No.
  He could keep to a bad resolution forever,
  but he couldn't keep to a good one a month.
  By and by he threw aside and calmly claimed
  to be the only God in the entire universe.

There is a hand-written note Twain inscribed in a copy of one of his books:
  "All gods are better than their reputation".