--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

> Barry had apparently convinced a whole slew of people of his
> enlightened state when he first joined here. For awhile,
> posters including me, were confused by the ongoing Barry/Judy
> feud. At that time, Barry would rally his gang against her,
> with occasional success.

Barry had touted FFL on alt.meditation.transcendental,
where he and I had both been posting since 1995 or so.
He'd been here for a couple of weeks and invited us all
to come see what was going on.

I took him up on it, along with several others from
alt.m.t. Initially, I had intended only to lurk for
awhile, pick up some movement news (there wasn't much
of that on alt.m.t).

Then I found, to my surprise, that Barry had been
badmouthing me well before I arrived, before he'd
even posted his invitation to alt.m.t.

There had been a bit of a discussion about me; some of
the FFLers had previously been on alt.m.t and knew who
I was. I had my fans and my detractors in that discussion
(more of the former than the latter, in fact, which was
gratifying).

Here was Barry's contribution (preceded by the post he
was commenting on):

-----
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
wrote:
> Man, I love that girl! She has spunk! I want to have
> tantric sex with her.

If you're speaking of Judy, you're a brave man,
and far more Tantric than I. She's 63, and as
I hear it, her last sexual partner committed
suicide by taking its own batteries out and
hurling itself off the nightstand. :-)
-----

Vibrator fantasies about me had been a staple of Barry's
alt.m.t posts. He proceeded to proudly quote this one
back on alt.m.t.

I didn't comment on it on FFL at the time. How I was
gradually drawn in to posting regularly is complicated
and boring, but the start of it had to do with a few
lies Vaj (who had been here for awhile) and Barry told
about me and alt.m.t. Anyone who wants to check it out,
search for the thread "17 New Members" that began on
May 17, 2005.

As I became a regular, I tried to avoid clashing with
Barry and just participate in other discussions, but
that's difficult when someone has it in for you and
repeatedly misrepresents you to a bunch of people most
of whom don't know you.