--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation"  wrote:

> I predict a 20+ trillion debt after he leaves office too.  But we, voters,
> are just as much to blame, as well as Republicans.  Who was the last
> Republican president to balance the budget?  I'm not sure...but I think it
> was Eisenhower.

Clinton balanced the budget and left a budget surplus for the first time in 70
years, which Bush promptly pissed away.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-and-deficit-under-clinton/
http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statements/2012/jun/08/bill-clinton/bill-clinton-touts-fiscal-record-president-during-/

> Moreover, Republican candidate Mitt Romney didn't really indicate to me, as a
> voter, that he had any magic plans to fix the economy.  Paul Ryan, however,
> did propose a balanced budget.....only to be ridiculed publicly by Obama.
> And so people voted for Obama.  The idea of a budget that involves taking any
> benefits away is unacceptable by most people.

Paul Ryan's Draconian "budget" deserved to be ridiculed. Obama called it a
"Trojan Horse" and "thinly veiled Social Darwinism" because it's center piece
included a voucher for Medicare which would have eventually destroyed Medicare.
Vouchers force seniors to purchase individual insurance and when the value of
the voucher is spent...tough shit if you need more medical care and can't
afford it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/what-does-president-obama-think-of-paul-ryan-flashback/

> Bottom line, Americans expect more than what the government can offer.  We
> are so used to so many benefits that we will revolt once they are gone.  It
> is like a stuck-up child turning 18 and experiencing shock as a result of
> thier discovery of how hard it really is to earn what they've been given all
> their lives.

This is utter bullshit. Tell seniors they are stuck up children, seniors who
worked hard their whole lives for low wages and would starve if not for the
social security they paid into. Tell that to disabled people who have no other
means of support. For those who think an industrialized nation does not need a
social safety, they should remind themselves, "There but for the grace of God,
go I."

> But if someone insists on blaming a specific political party, be my guest.
> Regardless of who's fault it is, people are going to discover what a hard
> life truly is as things get worse.

I'll get to the rest of this priggish, elitist drivel this evening...