I have lived in only one of the cities in this chart, Paris. And, sadly,
as much as I love the city of Paris, I have to agree with this study's
assessment -- despite the Good Intentions and Actual Laws Enacted of the
city's Gay Green Mayor, Paris is fuckin' polluted. I am fortunately not
hideously badly affected by pollution, but my best friend, with whom I
shared a nice apartment there, was not. She spent her years in Paris
fighting a multitude of respiratory ailments that she attributed to
breathing the air of the City Of Lights.

And yet. We've never had to deal with *these* cities:

  [531]

The full article is on The Economist, at:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/01/daily-chart-11?fsrc\
=rss