On 01/19/2013 07:33 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "martin.quickman"  wrote:
>> Doncha wish you were here ?
> Not to knock your thing or anything, but I can honestly
> say that there is nowhere on Earth I would rather *not*
> be. First, I'm not a fan of big crowds, especially mega-
> big crowds, in a country in which hundreds are trampled
> to death each year in smaller festivals. Second, I got
> over any desire to ever go to this particular festival
> back during the last one, when three of my friends went
> there, got sick, and died.

Their first time in India?  What did they do go for a swim in the sewage
stream?  I didn't even that to put my hand in the Ganges let alone swim
in it.  Though it's easy to get "Shiva's Revenge" in India there are
ways to avoid it and actually ayurvedic things to do which work if it
starts to come on.  My understanding though was the 2001 Kumbh was
already institutionalized enough you could do it from the comfort of a 5
star hotel an probably more so this round.

But like you, I'm not fond of big crowds so not really my cup of tea
though it would be a bit hilarious to see how many charlatans are there.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: