On 01/24/2013 10:48 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=401_1359027296

To bad they can't produce programs that compelling.  Their shows are a
bit muted and anything that isn't probably runs up on Time-Warner's HBO
instead.  Obviously such an ad can't be played on TV in the increasingly
backward US.  After all it's got guns and naked people in it.  Hmm,
"Guns and Naked People" sounds like a good movie title.

I finally got my Redbox code for trying their streaming beta.  It's
supposed to work on Linux but when I tried to play a movie complained
that the Moonlight plugin (a Linux plugin for Silverlight) can't play
DRM material.  So I tried a movie on Windwoze 7 and it played.  The
trial is free for a month and I get 4 free DVD rentals (which can also
be applied against BD rentals) at the kiosks.  Most of the movies they
have for streaming at the moment are also on Netflix and no big
advantage unless they make an app for my BD player.  I have little
interest in watching on my computer or even on my Android devices
(Redbox Instant is an app for that).  The movie was "The Garden of Eden"
with Jack Huston and Mena Suvari.  I've been used to seeing Huston with
half a face on "Boardwalk Empire."

The final episodes of "American Horror Story" was stupendous and wound
up the story line very nicely.  It will be interesting to see who
returns in season 3.  Jessica Lange deserves an Emmy nomination for her
role this season.  Jill Clayburn's daughter kinda stole the show though.