On 9/8/05 11:41 AM, "Cliff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I never contested man's inhumanity to man (and woman), but the
> very large number you presented still seems high.

Well read the article, I think it becomes clearer why. This occurred over
several centuries.

One thing that blew me away was that the event the Concert for Bangladesh
was responding to was really about Hindu genocide--over 2 million--and that
was in recent times. It certainly was never mentioned in that way that I
recall.

> I agree that the monotheistic religions  (Judaism, Christianity, and
> Islam) are all incredibly bloodthirsty and have killed off millions of
> humans.

Well, no doubt.