I also purchase Pukka teas from the local health food store.  They used
to carry MAPI teas but you may recall that MAPI apparently discontinued
wholesale for distributors.  The Pukka teas are Relax for vata, Refresh
for pitta and Revitalize for kapha.  Most of these teas come from base
recipes practitioners add other things.  Lad's cookbook takes the 3
spice tea and adds an extra ingredient or two.  For instance the pitta
fennel, cumin, coriander recipes gets rose petals and cilantro added.
Also Tulsi teas which can often be found in supermarkets has a sweet
rose tea which is good for pitta and very cooling.

Of course in the US one can toss a pebble in a crowd and will likely hit
someone with a pitta predominant constitution.

On 02/03/2013 02:30 PM, laughinggull108 wrote:
> Mine are the ones for Maharishi Ayurveda teas and churnas which is what obba
> said she was drinking (Maharishi Vata Tea) in the original comment. Yours
> sounds more like the digestive mix used in Maharishi PK treatments to make
> the decoction drunk before lunch and dinner.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu  wrote:
>> There are many recipes for teas (infusions)  and churnas.  Mine was from
>> Dr. Lad but he also has some others.
>>
>> On 02/03/2013 10:23 AM, laughinggull108 wrote:
>>> The "real" recipes for dosha teas and churnas (spice mixtures):
>>>
>>> Vata Tea:
>>> 5 parts licorice root
>>> 2½ parts ginger
>>> 2 parts cardamom
>>> 1 part cinnamon
>>>
>>> Pitta Tea:
>>> 1 part cardamom
>>> 1 part licorice root
>>> 1 part ginger
>>> ½ part cinnamon
>>> ½ part dried rose petals
>>>
>>> Kapha Tea (don't have amounts but listed from most to least):
>>> ginger
>>> cloves
>>> pepper
>>> cardamom
>>> turmeric
>>>
>>> Vata Churna:
>>> 6 parts cumin
>>> 3 parts ginger
>>> 2 parts fenugreek
>>> 2 parts turmeric
>>> 1 part turbinado sugar
>>> ½ part salt
>>> ½ part asafoetida (hing) in a rice flour base
>>>
>>> Pitta Churna:
>>> 6 parts coriander
>>> 4 parts fennel
>>> 3 parts cumin