About time.  I actually heard this would be a good idea in the 1980s
from a friend who was an officer in the postal union.  He also told me
that 3 day weekends were a mixed blessing because they would get a day
off and twice as much mail to deliver the following day.  He also said
the 6 day delivery made it difficult to schedule a regular carrier.   My
local delivery is crazy usually starting out with early delivery by 11
AM at the beginning of the week to 7 PM at the end.  I also ordered a
used book out of Amazon which has taken over a week to get here from a
city only 500 miles a way.   Another book which came from Goodwill in
San Francisco took a week too.  And tracking on these is awful.

The real problem with the USPS was that a criminal organization known as
the GOP got legislation passed that the USPS must fund pensions of staff
not even born yet!  That legislation should be rescinded.  We know the
real purpose was a scheme to kill the USPS. Otherwise even with reduce
letters due to email and electronic transactions they are making money
on package delivery due to Internet sales.