I just finished last night.  You are right - they avoid the plot manipulation
(creating a cliff-hanger at the end of each episode).  The story flows.
Really nice.  the theme music is very nice, altho I got tired of the long
intros. I have Netflixed the original British version, which I am told is
darker.