when you were part of the Amma thing, did you feel any sort of energy from her
directly, or do you feel as some have said that she sort of takes energy from
others and uses that to give to the crowd or was it a bit of both?

________________________________
 From: Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.r...@gmail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: THIS is how spirituality should be done IMO

Dear MJ,

I don't know anything about Eckhart Tolle because I haven't read anything about
him. Like I said I look for concrete, demonstrable mystical experiences causing
altered states of consciousness. I doubt Eckhart had any - of all the people in
the West I have read in recent times only Robin's experiences have been able to
captivate my attention.

Amma is the one I have lot of data on since I spent 16 years in he cult. Her
autobiography, though mostly medeival mumbo-jumbo, has several descriptions of
her mystical experiences. But eventually her interpretation of her mystical
experiences in the context of Divine Mother and the crude, medeival beliefs of
her village as if Divine Mother was an actual physical, objective entity is
what led to her deception. There's also one video of her fallling unconscious
in the middle of the river Ganges. So there is then even clear video evidence
of her  mystical experiences. Her wiki doesn't list all of this much because it
has been tweaked to project her deception as a huminatarian - but even at the
age of 24 the only thing that fascinated me was her mystical experience - rest
of all was highly fantasized and required great leaps of imagination and
magical thinking which my rational, analytical mind would never allow.

Other examples below

Jiddu Krishnamurti - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiddu_Krishnamurti

"It was at Ojai in August and September 1922 that Krishnamurti went through an
intense, "life-changing" experience.This has been variously characterized as a
spiritual awakening, a psychological transformation, and a physical
conditioning. The initial events happened in two distinct phases: first a
three-day spiritual experience followed, two weeks later, by a longer-lasting
condition that Krishnamurti and those around him would refer to as the process;
this condition would recur, at frequent intervals and with varying intensity,
until his death."

Ramana Maharishi - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramana_Maharshi

"At the age of sixteen, Venkataraman became suddenly aware that his real nature
was imperishable and unrelated to his body, mind, or personality.[3] Though
many people have reported brief experiences of this, in Venkataraman's case it
was permanent and irreversible." More.." I seldom had any sickness and on that
day there was nothing wrong with my health, but a sudden violent fear of death
overtook me."

Robin once posted an excellent link on Christian mystics of the past -
http://www.miraclesofthesaints.com/2010/10/levitation-and-ecstatic-flights-in.html.
 But I don't take the levitation to be literal. However it's natural that the
mystics interpreted their mystical experiences in the context of Christian
doctrine and the prevailing social beliefs/customs, primitive knowledge -
whether it be levitation or stigmata.

Ravi.