> In a message dated 9/9/05 1:26:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> jstein  wrote:
> > Are you asking me, or Sparaig?
> >
> I'm asking both of  you - why aren't you reporting that the
> Louisiana Department of Homeland  Security wouldn't let the Red
> Cross and the Salvation Army in to take food  and water to the
> people stranded at the Superdome in New Orleans? Why are  you
> withholding information from the group? You seem to have plenty of
> time  on your hands.
>
> Judy correct if I'm wrong

You're wrong, and so is Willytex.

First, note that I was not addressing Willytex but
Cliff, so Willytex's response is a non sequitur.
I wasn't asking Willytex anything at all, nor had
he previously asked me what he claims.

> but didn't you say last week in  some of your posts
> that the Red Cross was trying to deliver food and
> water to  the super dome but were told not to go in
> because they didn't want people to  stay, that they
> wanted them to leave?

Actually I quoted the Red Cross's own Web site to
that effect.

Note that Willytex claimed I had been "withholding"
that information, when in fact I was the first to
post it to this forum.

> Of course you were blaming FEMA for  turning the
> relief supplies back, not Louisiana  authorities.

"Of course" I was?

Hint: I'd rethink that if I were you.  You don't
want to embarrass yourself again, do you?

Oh, never mind, you're so clueless it doesn't
matter.  Here's my original post (75011):

>From the Hurricane Katrina section of the Disaster FAQs
on the Red Cross's Web site:

"Hurricane Katrina: Why is the Red Cross not in New Orleans?

"Acess to New Orleans is controlled by the National Guard and local
authorities and while we are in constant contact with them, we simply
cannot enter New Orleans against their orders.

"The state Homeland Security Department had requested--and continues
to request--that the American Red Cross not come back into New
Orleans following the hurricane. Our presence would keep people from
evacuating and encourage others to come into the city."

The Red Cross could have gotten food and water
and medical and other supplies into New Orleans
*long* before yesterday, when the first supplies
were sent in under the aegis of the National
Guard and the feds.

Some people have died and many thousands more have
endured incredible suffering, in other words, in
order to force them to evacuate.

The mind boggles.