--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The Luck of the World
>
> sometimes we feel angry at this co-out of the clueless guru.
> yes, it is our rotten luck that he still doesnt get it...
> if he could present his knowledge in a fashion that is
> understandable to the average joe, all would listen
> adopt it and transform the world. But as bad luck would
> have it, he still doesnt get it that his manner of
> interaction is too weird, too much of a turnoff. grrrr.

**************************

I think you are completely missing the point of what MMY is saying.

An ignorant world cannot be transformed quickly into an enlightened
world, this would create a backlash against the enlightenment
effort; as MMY said in the 60s, speedy enlightenment of the world
would create "fear and havoc" ( see
http://geocities.com/bbrigante/retards.html#light )

So it is not relevant whether TM-promoting efforts are being done
competently or not, because people are so locked into darkness that
they cannot be rescued quickly from the path to hell -- it's an act
of kindess on the part of the Divine Plan (this is what MMY titled
his 60s writing on why enlightenment values need to be expanded
slowly) that the TM movement is apparently stumbling along.

Maharishi cannot employ competent people to run the TM movement, nor
can he give advice that would work, because that would cause the
light in the world to increase too rapidly. That is certainly a
shame, but that's just the way it's got to be -- if people were not
so bound to sin, it would be possible to pitch TM quickly to the
world, but that simply cannot happen, and it's pointless for MMY to
berate TM administrators for their ineptness, because ineptness
happens to be just what the doctor ordered. MMY correctly identifies
the "luck" (bad karma) of the world as being to blame, because if
the world were not in such darkness, TM could be promoted quickly.
Having a mere shell of a movement in the West run by Bevan and other
incompetents is exactly what the world needs at the present time, as
lamentable as this situation is, because the underlying problem is
the darkness of the world, not the incompetence of TM marketers.

Sooner or later, India will respond to MMY's call for a revival of
Vedic civilization -- you should note that there have been no price
increases for TM in India (even laborers can afford to start TM
there), unlike the West, where the price of TM has been raised to
slow down things even further. In fact, now that a few candles have
been lit in the West, what goes on in the movement in the West has
no relevance at all -- it's India that has to restore Vedic culture,
and they have the 800 million Hindus to do just that.

MMY (Aug 24th press conference):
"It is just a matter of the total atmosphere which has
a great influence on
the individual. And the total atmosphere we are aiming
at, purifying the
total atmosphere. Harmony, positivity in the national
consciousness of every
country, in the world consciousness. Big groups, big
groups.

And we are finding our way to create big groups even
so it is not happening
so quickly. But we can attribute it to not lack of our
efforts but lack of
the luck of the world. We have to hide somewhere. So
we hide behind the
logic that it is the lack of luck of the world that it
is not going so fast.
There we take refuge. If it is not going fast we have
a logic, it is the
luck of the world."

Bob Brigante
http://geocities.com/bbrigante