--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@...> wrote:

> This is great science and engineering work.  The next feat should be to see
> the cloud tops of these alien planets.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/1st-photo-alien-planet-forming-snapped-telescope-153016924.html

"So far, planet formation has mostly been a topic tackled by computer
simulations," astronomer Sascha Quanz of ETH Zurich in Switzerland, leader of
the research team, said in a statement. "If our discovery is indeed a forming
planet, then for the first time scientists will be able to study the planet
formation process and the interaction of a forming planet and its natal
environment empirically at a very early stage."

I think the scientists have to just sit behind the telescope and patiently wait
to see how the planet evolves.