--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> And inflation is starting to run rampant!  People can't even afford to
wipe their ass anymore.  I was at the store yesterday where there was a
stack of toilet paper packages for $9.95 each.

Inflation in Venezuela:

The US consumer price index has been fudged so many times in the last
thrity years or so that it no longer really represents the actual cost
of living, but it does help the government save on outlays for programs.
According to generally accepted accounting principles (not government
figures), the 2012 deficit was over 6 trillion dollars, and the US
currently has over 85 trillion dollars in obligations.'Given the
politicians that currently run the U.S. government, there is no chance
of meaningfully addressing the deteriorating fiscal solvency issues
currently dooming the U.S. dollar.  On the economic front, structural
income problemsâ€"inhibiting near-term improvement in business
activityâ€"are getting worse.' We may also, in the United States,
be in for vastly increased inflation. Since 2000, through the Bush and
Obama administrations and the associated Congresses, the  US dollar has
fallen to about 1/6th its value in relation to gold. That is, the amount
of gold you could buy in 2000 for $100 would now take about $500 to
$600.