--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"

> > > Scenario: A beat up saffron-colored Ford Ranger mini-pickup truck with a
> > > rickety wooden camper shell parked beside a clear-flowing river with a
> > > flashing neon sign hooked up to a 12-volt battery that reads "Water for
> > > Sale". Leaning against the camper shell on the tailgate in his much too
> > > tight, yet dapper, Shivaratri-best dhoti is our Laughing Protector of His
> > > Holiness Raviji who appears to be either in samadhi or nodding off. (The
> > > latter is probably the case since LPHHR's head occasionally drops
> > > suddenly then quickly comes back up with a jerking motion.) Seeker Xeno
> > > warily approaches while seekers Share and Steve maintain a relatively
> > > safe distance about 50 yards away hidden in the lush vegetation growing
> > > along the river on which seeker Share is busily munching and making soft
> > > cooing sounds. Seeker Steve's eyes are focused on seeker Share, with an
> > > occasional glance towards seeker Xeno, ever ready to jump in at a
> > > moment's notice should the slightest danger present itself. A dry twig
> > > snaps loudly under seeker Xeno's sandal-covered foot to which LPHHR
> > > awakens with a start muttering "...yes...mmm...yes...hare Ravi...mmm..."
> > > as if caught between an erotic dream and waking reality.
> > >
> > > Seeker Xeno is the first to speak: "Oh Laughing Protector and manner of
> > > the Ticket Counter, I and my two seeker companions hiding back there in
> > > the bushes have traveled long and far along this clear-flowing river and
> > > are most thirsty for water. More importantly, and I can't speak for my
> > > two seeker companions hiding back there in the bushes, I approach as a
> > > groveling, sycophantic worshiper of His Greatness whose name is revered
> > > far and wide throughout these lands of FFL, and desire greatly for just a
> > > few crumbs of His Holy and Benign Darshan or maybe just a kernel of His
> > > Most High Wisdom passed through you to me...uh, I mean us. Hey, seekers
> > > Share and Steve, if you wanna get in on this, you better get up here
> > > now..."
> > >
> > > Slightly disheveled seekers Share and Steve, with sheepish grins on their
> > > glistening faces, emerge from the bushes.
> > >
> > > Fully-awakened (but not in the spiritual sense) LPHHR recognizing that he
> > > has some shills...uh...potential clients speaks: "Yes indeedy...step
> > > right up...step right up all ye sincere seekers of transitory...uh...I
> > > mean permanent RR. First things first however. Cool, clear,
> > > thirst-quenching water is $2 per cup or I can let you have an entire
> > > quart for $10. So what will it be my most parched and sincere seekers?"
> > >
> > > After a brief consultation among the three seeker companions from whom
> > > can be heard seeker Xeno "...the cups are cheaper" and seeker Share in
> > > her most pouty voice "...but I want the quart!", seeker Xeno approaches
> > > and says: "We'll take two quarts. And by the way, what's RR?"

> [...]
A few minutes later, Xeno's eyelids flutter, and his eyes begin to open,
downcast. He is still deep within. LJB, sensing his pending mercantile triumph,
makes a few nervous adjustments to his display, and stands back.

Xeno, having emerged from a deeply golden and glorious place, now looks upon
the raft of LJB's Divine treasures, arranged like baby's candy on the tailgate.

As he awakes to the world around him, Xeno's eyes first settle on a necklace of
mystical beads, among the tantalizing offerings. Each bead   perfectly formed,
the exact shape and color of the previous one. A flush of Bliss runs up Xeno's
spine, a sign that he must have the strand. He points a dignified finger and
silently inquires, "How much?"

LJB can barely contain himself. Right off, Xeno has gone for the cash cow!
Plastic rudraksha beads, bought in bulk off the web, from a joint in Delhi, for
15 rupees a pop (about 29 cents, US), and sold to the seekers for 20 bucks
each! Jai Guru Dev!

[...to be continued...maybe]