--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...> wrote:

> The mane is so beautiful.

Yep, nice pictures of a great horse. Thanks.  He was a warhorse.  They are
special when you run in to them in life.

This is the best picture I like of the old Sorli Fra Bulandi:

"George Washington rode up and sat his horse quietly beside the
bridge.
Private Howland wrote, "The noble horse of Gen. Washington stood with
his breast pressed close against the end of the west rail of the
bridge, and the firm, composed and majestic countenance... inspired
confidence and assurance in a moment so important and critical. In
this passage across the bridge it was my fortune to be next the west
rail, and arriving at the west end of the bridge I was pressed
against the shoulder of the end of the general's horse and in contact
with the general's boot. The horse stood firm as the rider, and
seemed to understand that he was not to quit his post and station."
Again the men spoke of his "composure" in a critical moment, and the
army rallied to his quiet leadership."

"Nearly all the Americans got safely across the creek. Howland
wrote that " the bridge was narrow and our platoons in passing it
were crowded into a dense and solid mass, in the rear of which, the
enemy were making their best efforts." Every man who crossed the
bridge passed close by him."