--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> As MMY explained the decision to hike the price of TM through the roof:
>
> it is the elite of the world who set the trends and make the laws and "the
> rich don't shop at poor stores."
>
> Getting voluntary celebrity endorsements is a surefire way to get media
> attention, which is a form of free advertising.

But the mass of people, who could benefit from it, do not shop in these stores,
so even if they would like to have it, it is out of reach. They do not live
like the elite, however much they may admire them or want to be like them.

There are other ways to look at it. Some friends of mine learned TM in early
1974. It was US$64. Inflation adjusted to the current US Consumer Price Index
(which sadly does not accurately measure inflation but it saves our bankrupt
government moola) the price would be US$315.

If you measure the inflation adjusted cost using the way the United States
government measured inflation back in 1974, the current cost would be US$1195.

You can learn mindfulness kinds of meditation for free or for considerably less.