On 03/25/2013 01:53 PM, turquoiseb wrote:
> I guess even sociopaths can believe in Woo Woo. I've been
> to Montserraat many times, and although it's neat and all,
> there ain't no grail there. Then again, there was probably
> no grail anywhere, because the whole myth of the Last Supper
> probably never happened, even if the myth of Jesus did.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2298716/The-REAL-Last-Crusade-Nazi-search-Holy-Grail-inspired-Indiana-Jones.html

The first Indiana Jones film reminded me of an expedition my brother
mounted in the early 1970s to recover the "supposed" gold in Jimmy
Angel's crashed plane on the plateau above Angel Falls in Venezuela.  My
brother knew the pilot of that plane who with Angel escaped through the
jungle with natives in pursuit.  The expedition was mounted with
National Geographic providing some VTOL planes so they could land and
take off from the plateau but it was so muddy they thought the planes
might get stuck in the mud and unable to take off again.

One of the books I still have is "The Occult and the Third Reich" which
is a fascinating book by a couple of French historians about the Reich's
obsession with the occult.  There was a supposed Tibetan monk that
advised Hitler and before the war ended was flown back to Tibet.

Seems about every 81 years people on the earth go crazy.