 From: Xenophaneros Anartaxius <anartax...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2013 10:21 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: TM Being Special

> Some time ago I posed the question that if, as Marshy always claimed, TM is
> better, superior to all other meditations, how can that be so, what makes TM
> special?
>
> In addition to being reviled for supposedly setting up a condition which
> would allow me to take shots at the TMO, I was told that it was not the
> mantras that are successful, but rather the fantastic instruction on how to
> use said mantras.
>
> Complete horseshit. If that were the case, then you really could use any word
> as long as you used it the way Marshy told everyone to use his mantras. And
> we know that ain't right.
>
> The mantras are as good as any others but even you true believers have said
> the mantras are not superior to others, its the WAY they are used. But if its
> the instruction, then any word should do, so why have the mantras at all?
>
> So with TM being special, it has to either be the mantras or the way you use
> them or a combination - I don't see the instruction as being all that special
> - its not much different than other meditations including Deepak Chopra's
> Primordial Sound meditation and others where you are told to just not pay
> attention to thoughts and bring the awareness back to whatever when you
> notice you are on a thought.
>
> Thus we can see quite clearly that the idea that TM is a superior meditation,
> or as Marshy put it, the "jet plane" to enlightenment is complete nonsense,
> or to be more precise, a lie.
>
> Now of course if one believes Mark Landau, then one knows that mantras are
> repeated to actually receive the blessings of whatever
>  goddess the sound is associated with - in other words its about doing a
> practice to git something, its about accrual of power, not transcending to
> gain enlightenment.
>
> Oh and Richard W, we all know the blabbity blab blab about all things TM
> coming from some Buddhist temple or other so no need to repeat it.
>
> And I was not setting up a situation to enable me to revile the Movement - I
> can do that all on my own. As I have said before, I am willing to believe
> anything, but not without evidence.
>
> Thus far, the evidence I have collected has shown me that Marshy was a liar,
> perhaps well intentioned in the beginning but soon after he left India he
> allowed himself to be seduced by the blandishments of the ego.
>
> The evidence I have also shows me that TM is a decent meditation, but no more
> special than anything else available and yet most of the claims made for it
> are false, such as enlightenment accruing from said practice and ability to
> fly etc, also all claims made of TM Sidhis are false (like world peace).
>
> The evidence is that TM has caused many problems on multiple levels for
> thousands of people, and that thousands of others have ceased the practice
> due to many reasons.
>
> Other evidence is that long term practice doesn't lead to any kind of
> [...]
If TM has failed you, has anything else taken its place and succeeded in
whatever it is you are aiming at? Techniques and practices have a lifetime.
Like a multi-stage rocket, where the lower stages fall away to get the payload
in orbit, at some point spiritual machinations wear thin. But by then one
should be close to a significant result.