--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > Many of his thoughts in the Yoga Sutras can be related to the ideas in
> > quantum physics today.  In sutra III.45, he stated:
> >
> > "Thence results the manifestation of the powers, such as atomization et
> > cetera, perfection of the body and indestructibility of its constituents."
> >
> > Specifically, animan pertains the miniaturization of the body.  But it
> > could also cover the siddhi to see parts of the body, such as the details
> > of the retina in the eyes.
> >
> > This specific siddhi is the prime example that the universe is based on
> > consciousness.  Even the dimensions of space and time are based on
> > consciousness.  If this is so, the higher dimensions theorized in physics
> > are not curbed and hidden within space-time. Rather, these dimensions are
> > the various vibrations relating to the states of consciousness in the human
> > experience.
> >
> > In other words, the common experiences of waking, sleeping, and dreaming
> > are part of the higher vibrations of the space-time continuum.  In effect,
> > all of nature, even a rock, experiences a form of waking, sleeping and
> > dreaming.
> >
> > Ultimately, however, only the human physiology can experience Unity
> > Consciousness.  As such, it's fascinating to contemplate that the human
> > being is the culmination of creation in the universe.
> >
> That is a sad commentary on the universe, that it produced something like us,
> since most of us are defective and do not attain to the experience of unity
> even though the unity is there all the time.

Xeno,

Most of us are asleep as to the potential of being a human being.  However,
there have been unusual persons, like the Buddha, Krishna, and Jesus, who
became enlightened.  Among Christians, we can assume that persons like Aquinas,
Teresa of Avila, and others have attained Unity Consciousness based on their
writings and witnesses.