> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@>
> wrote:
> >

> > I'm always puzzled by him characterizing Mississippi delta
> > blues as "hillbilly music". To my thinking, that label
> > would only apply to bluegrass and country.

You got it mixed up somewhere Alex. I know very well the difference between
blues and "Hillbilly music" from the Appalachian mountains and elsewhere or
rough versions of bluegrass. My point, from years ago, was that his style of
singing, or howling if you like, gives me the same shudder as listening to
those hillbillies who are masters in the art of non-singing.
Are we clear now ? :-)