On 04/13/2013 09:30 AM, Buck wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Yes, demographically very topical.
>>> There's been a bunch of meditators dying to get out of here recently in
>>> Fairfield.  It seems there is a memorial every other day to go to.
>>>
>>> Life goes on for the living,
>>> -Buck in the Dome
>>>

>> Two things: of course many of us are getting old.  We aren't spring
>> chickens anymore, we're "the elderly" though we ain't our grandmother's
>> style of "elderly" which is another thing that American marketing seems
>> to have trouble with: Rock 'n Roll senior citizens.
>>
>> And two, IMHO I don't think we're going to live as long as we thought or
>> was projected.   snip
>>
>> But one thing you should at least be taking away from TM is any fear of
>> death.  You practice for that every night when you go to sleep. The only
>> thing we can best do is hope we don't have a painful or prolonged death.
>>
> Son,
>
> Death, like an overflowing stream,
> Sweeps us away; our life's a dream,
> An empty tale, a morning flow'r,
> Cut down and wither'd in an hour.
>
> Our age to [sev'nty] years is set;
> How short the time! How frail the state!
> And if to [eighty] we arrive,
> We'd rather sigh and groan than live.
>
> Teach us, Om Unified Field, how frail is man;
> And kindly lengthen out the span,
> Till a wise care of piety
> Fit us to die and dwell with Thee.

Those who have made it over the "hump" probably don't care.  Those who
haven't probably still fear death.  It's all karma anyway and like I
sometimes say maybe these early deceasers are "gettin' while the gettins
good."  We may be in for a terribly dark century.  When you cross over
you might wind up greeting them and saying "you got out just in the nick
of time!"